Obie was the problem

No need to argue X's and O's here.  I think Ainge is doing the right thing in the long run.  If the Celts tried to keep Walker, Pierce, and the nucleus intact while making minor gradual changes as Ryan W suggested, we'd be no closer to championship 10 years from now.   with walker and pierce's huge contract not to mention baker's, what kind tweaking could the C's possibly have done to make them a real contender?  And by contender I don't mean just making it to the second round of the playoffs either.  The fact is that the combination of Walker and Pierce plus Obie's "brilliant" coaching were not going to win you a championship.  Remember in the playoff rematch against Jersey, the celts got swept because Obie did not know how to adapt to his opponent.  For the Obie supporters I ask you all to look at Denver and Memphis.  Those are two teams with weaker lineups than the C's but yet they have a winning record this season and the C's did not under OBrien.  How do you explain that?  Oh I
 guess Carmelo Anthony or Pau Gasol are 3 times the player Pierce is?  Or that Voshon Lenard is the second coming of Jordan?  Or maybe Andre Miller is the Jason Kidd of the west?  No they're not, they just have coaches who play their best players and know how to develop their talent like Hubie Brown did with the Grizz.