re: Re: Targeting teams that are targeting Kobe

Egg and Mark,
What I know is that both Mihm and Blount are likely to opt out of
their contracts after the season, since signing for the Mid Level Exception
would be a salary raise for the both of them, especially Blount.
With the avarice among NBA teams when it comes to centers, it's
hard to believe that the two of them won't receive the Mid-Level exception
from other teams.

The question is: Can the Celtics afford to pay over ten million for two guys
who may be backups?  I say: "Hell No!"

So, best to trade one now and overpay the other one after the season.
Since Blount is more likely to leave, and perhaps to Philly and
Coach Jim, he should be the one to go.

And Fortson fills the widebody criterium, that Ainge feels the team needs.

Besides he can find a taller/better defender PF in the draft.

Sheldon there from Duke is very impressive.  Three high school
PFs may be around when the Celtics draft;  those being LaMarcus
Aldridge, Al Jefferson, and Randolph Morris; Torin Francis from Notre Dame
is pretty big and good; Ronny Turiaf is pretty quick; many International types.
Can 7-2 Kosta Perovic play PF in the NBA? Andre Biedrins? Predrag
Samardizki? Anderson Varejao will likely be available with the Dallas choice.
Ray