Did everyone see this stat Josh dug up?

This was in Josh's last posting to Hoopsworld. It doesn't say anything
definitively, because there are many more variables in determining the
comparative value of two players, but isn't this dramatic? Small sample size
and everything, it's still pretty eye-opening. Makes you wonder why Ainge is
out there looking for a rebounder.

2003-2004 totals (to date):
Brandon Hunter 36 minutes, 7 offensive rebounds
Walter McCarty 911 minutes, 11 offensive rebounds

Actually, I'm not at all convinced that Hunter should be a rotation player on
a good team ... yet. But he could convince me if he continues to produce at a
reasonable approximation of his current rate in increased minutes. I'm not
naove enough to say Hunter is the answer to the PF problems. BUT ... I'm also
not dumb enough to believe McCarty is. And if I can choose one skill for my
power forward, it's not the ability to make 2-3 three-pointers per game. It's
REBOUNDING. If we can agree that both McCarty and Hunter are limited players,
I'll take the guy whose limitations do not include board work. But John
Carroll clearly disagrees.

Kestas' take on Carroll yesterday crystallized it for me. He has all of Obie's
weaknesses (and then some) and none of his strengths. Bring on the new guy.

Mark