RE: Joe Johnson..

I always thought his seeming lack of desire was more a lack of
confidence and understanding where he fit on an NBA court. Tough for a
twenty year old that knows how to play team basketball to come into a
team with two dominant personalities that also liked to dominate the
ball the way Walker and Pierce did.  Then to have a coach that wanted
him to stand in the corner and wait for a kickout pass to shoot the
three rather than develop his wonderful all-around game had to be even
more difficult.

Add to the fact, he is a quiet, unassuming kid from the south coming to
the hyper-aggressive city of Boston, not to mention the NBA lifestyle,
and it would all seem a bit overwhelming don't you think?  You can't
judge 20 year olds the same way you can look at 26 year old veterans.

Larry Bird once said that players that can consistently get the ball on
one end of the court with a rebound, take the ball downcourt and then
finish on the other end or find a teammate for an easy shot are very
difficult to come by.  When you find one, you don't trade him. Joe
Johnson is that type of player.

Kenny Anderson said that the Celtics would regret the day they traded
Joe Johnson.  I still believe he will be proven right in that statement,
even after Johnson gets his big contract.

Ravi