Re: Danny's plans for next year - holes to fill

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean Giovanello"

> It wouldnt surprise me to see Mark Blount either gone entirely or the
> starting center here next year.  They will either have to decide to pay
> to keep him or not pay him and let him go.  I think his days of being a
> backup for the C's are over.

Blount's stats are better than Mihm's who is a disappointment as far as I'm
concerned. We need rebounding desparately (of course it's overstated),
Blount doesn't fill those needs either so he's not a strong center
candidate. A strong 4 could cover for him saving his spot.

> It also wouldnt surprise me to see Ricky Davis gone as well.  It depends
> on how high Ainge is on Jiri.

Unless it's a money problem, Ricky is much more valuable than Yiri. In
Yiri's defense, he does have the left hand problem till the season is over.

> I wouldnt mind seeing Jumaine Jones back.  In a running offense, he can
> be an asset and he is an adept finisher off the wing and also seems to
> have a soft touch around the basket.
>
> I would love to see Perkins as the backup center and Hunter as the
> backup PF.

With the East so messed up, we won't see Perkins unless it looks like were
not going to the playoffs. Management wants the money bonus.

> If he is out there, I would snag Travis Best to play the point about 60%
> of the time and then hopefully have Banks steal the job down the
> stretch.  If not, I wouldnt mind Tinsley.

I figure we're minimum 5 games better this season with a point guard and the
PP problem doesn't arise. James is expendable.

We got lucky with Indy, with Jermaine out and us getting hot it left a false
impression. Our guards are so suspect till they show otherwise.