So what exactly did Heinsohn say?

--Can anyone fill us in on the details?

--And is this part of the "hidden story" that the press (or should I say
Obie's PR firm) have been "unable to fill us in on..." the blatant
unprofessionalism of not even teaching/reviewing/walking through the
offense?!?

It would be like teaching students an American history course and neglecting
those "few things" prior to the year 1900 -- and then expecting them to ace
the AP exam... simply incredible. This was the coach who was going to lead
us to the promised land? He can't even find his way to the (offensive) hoop!

Hey Egg, you want to talk (well, maybe you don't want to talk, just "imply"
or drop "innuendos") about slammed doors? How about some more on the "hidden
history" of how Obie slammed the door on offense?

--What other little treats has the PR firm been "unable" to fill us in on I
wonder? Perhaps favoritism between former coach and certain players? Nah...
I'm sure Waltah has "earned" every minute... just look how well he performed
with just 3 ticks left in the game last night!

--Max has jumped off the Waltah bandwagon with both feet (not that he was
ever "on" it). I found it humorous as he took the  time to explain the other
night that fans have to understand that when Waltah goes into the game the
Celts are subtracting a rebounder.

--The only thing anyone can fault Ainge for is because he did not take out
the trash sooner... and I suspect that in this regard his hands were tied by
the owners, who were also laboring under the Obie mantra ("two games from
the finals...").

--Gotta love Peter May's column today: gee, wonder which side on Obiegate
Van Grundy will take? What intrepid reporting. What next, a column on the
fact that photos from space exploration prove definitively that the world is
round?

--The only bad side of Obie's leaving the bench (I won't say "quit," since
he did that long before he tendered his resignation) is that he can't take
the media hacks with him on his way out of town. Mark Murphy salivates over
the prospect of Obie coaching in NJ with Eric Williams and Mark Blount at
his side
-- whew, I'll bet Shaq and Duncan are shaking in their boots right now!

And at the risk of sounding even more stupid than usual, Murphy even goes to
the length of suggesting that with Obie, EW and Blount Celts fans won't be
able to root against NJ anymore?!? Heck, I guess we'll all start blowing
kisses back to Kidd, after all *Obie* is coaching the team!?! (And speaking
of Kidd, wouldn't he just love seeing primo minutes been devoted to Obie's
adopted children, and all the while the offense is never practiced
again....) Of course Murphy neglects to note what any other half awake
observer of the NBA already knows -- that NJ is quite happy with Franks and
is extremely unlikely to swap their version of Obie for ours.

What happened to the days when journalists reported rather than
editorialized...  or did they ever exist? When we start taking the "wisdom"
of Springer, Murphy and May over the words of Cousy, Max and Heinsohn --
and, I might add, the plain evidence of our own eyes -- it will be a sad
day. Obie has left a lot of unwashed dishes in the sink, given that all he
ever taught was a defensive "system" that the rest of the league (starting
with NJ) was figuring out (it is the difference in exposure to the "system"
that has resulted in us having a better record against teams that have seen
it the least -- out west -- than the lesser teams we play back east). Obie
quit, leaving that mess for someone else to clean up. Cleaning Obie's mess
will take time, but the sooner we start the sooner it will be behind us.
Wailing and gnashing our teeth over the loss of our "dear, dear Obie" won't
get the dishes washed.