Sporting News / FoxSports NBA Previews

The Sporting News / FoxSports has posted their NBA Previews for the upcoming
season. Here is what they had to say about our beloved Celts. Actually not a
whole lot different than the vision we have already..... Here is the link if
you like, or the actual text is posted below.

Regards,

roger

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1670220
<http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1670220>

Coach: Jim O'Brien (117-95 career)
Last season: 44-38 (3rd in Atlantic)
Key additions: Marcus Banks, Mike James, Jumaine Jones, Kendrick Perkins
Key losses: J.R. Bremer, Bruno Sundov

Projected lineup: PG: Marcus Banks; SG: Eric Williams; SF: Paul Pierce; PF:
Antoine Walker; C: Tony Battie
2002-03 Review: All-Star co-captains Antoine Walker and Paul Pierce
continued to be a dynamic duo, scoring over 20 points per game each and
leading Celtics back to the playoffs. But they didn't have much help. Nobody
else on the team averaged double figures scoring and the overachieving
Celtics fell to the Nets in the second round.

Pierce is looking for his fourth straight 2,000 point season, which would
match Larry Bird's record.
Associated Press

Reason For Hope: The team was bought last season by a local ownership group
and now have a piece of the Celtics' past running the team. Danny Ainge, who
was a key part of Boston's success in the 1980s, rejoins the team as
executive director. One of his first big acts was acquiring rookie point
guard Marcus Banks, who is expected to start immediately.

Hello, My Name Is: Vin Baker, and I am an alcoholic. Coming back to the
scene of my college heroics was supposed to help me to All-Star form, but I
resorted to binge drinking after bad games. I was suspended indefinitely by
the team toward the end of last season and since then I have worked hard to
get my career back on track. The Celtics and I are setting up a support
network and Alcoholics Anonymous meetings in all NBA cities.

2003-04 Outlook: With Pierce and Walker on board, the team will always stay
competitive. But the Celtics need somebody else to step up. If Baker really
is down to his ideal playing weight and has his head on straight, he could
be a big help up front. And the lightning-quick Banks could ease the scoring
load from the point. But those are both big ifs and we see the Celtics
holding their present course for at least one more season.