Re: Lebron James no longer a point guard?

On 9/24/03 11:43 AM, hsu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> To summarize, Cavs coach Silas has changed his mind about making Lebron the
> starting point guard.  My question is why would he change his mind when
> training camp hasn't even started yet?  He seemed convinced after summer
> league that James was ready for it; now he's decided that it's too much
> pressure?  I would think that you'd at least wait until training camp, or even
> try him out in exhibition, and see how he does before deciding whether to play
> him as a point guard.

It's possible that he spoke to LeBron, who expressed reservations about
being in that position from the first game.  I think they'll still likely
play him at the point a fair bit, but I do think it's a bit ambitious for
Silas to declare him the starter after summer league.  Still, it must be
dosconcerting for players in that position.