Class of 2003 - Point guards

Was our board down again yesterday, or were there simply no posts?

I have been confused and curious about the 2003 PG draftees, so Josh's
appraisal of Banks, ''He's the most NBA-ready point of all the rookies --
this year's tony parker,'' further tweaked my interest on this important
issue.

This 2003 group of PG rookies will most certainly be interesting to
follow this season even though one season does not translate into a
career, nor immediately justify each rookie's 2003 draft order.

It appears four of the 2003 PG draftees (Jones, Wade, Ford, Banks) will
get max playing time due to their good fortune of having been drafted by
teams presently bereft of point guards.  This should certainly boost
their first year stats while other draftees, i.e. the talented Hinrick,
Ridnour, and Gaines, will likely see less playing time and therefore
record less impressive numbers in their first year.

I'VE FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP

This is not your father's NBA. Most of the present players are individually
no longer fan-attractive, and the draft has become one big crap shoot.
In attempting to compare college seniors to college underclassmen,
Europeans, and high schoolers, is it a fair statement to say that we now
must wait about three years to fully evaluate the success or failure of
each team's draft?

Call me impulsive, but as each year passes, must I patiently wait yet
another three years?  I was a young, beautiful woman when this Celt
bullshit began to surface with Gavitt, then with Carr hiring himself as
Coach, followed by Pitino, Wallace, and Ainge bullshit.

What really has changed from owner to owner, GM to GM, and coach to
coach as I have aged and ripened on the sidelines?

Eggy
--------------------
PG Draft Order/ player/ projected status

  1) James (Cleveland) Starting PG
  5) Wade (Miami)       Starting PG
  7) Hinrick (Chicago)  2nd string PG behind Crawford
  8) Ford (Milwaukee)   Starting PG
13) Banks (Boston)  Starting PG
14) Ridnour (Seattle)   2nd string PG behind Daniels
15) Gaines (Orlando)    2nd string PG behind Lue
16) Bell (Memphis)  4th string PG behind Williams, Watson, Knight
    (West's picks get curiouser and curiouser)
21) Diaw (Atlanta)  Starting SF
22) Planinic (NJ)       2nd string PG behind Kidd
28) Barbosa (Phoenix)   2nd string PG behind Marbury
38) Blake (Wash.)       4th string PG behind Arenas, Hughes, Whitney
40) Zimmerman (GS)  4th string PG behind Van Exel, Claxton, Sanchez
46) Becirovic (Denver) Not with team
47) Mo Williams(Utah)   3rd string PG behind Arroyo, Lopez
50) Morlende (Sea)      Not with team