Battie looking good

My apologies if this has been posted to the list
already:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sport/celtics/cs09112003.htm

basic take: Battie's post-surgery knee looks "as good
as new." able to sprint, participate in full
conditioning sessions, etc. Obrien and Ainge excited.

Gotta agree with Ray that I am feeling optimistic.
(Ray, optimistic?) If Walker, Baker and Battie all
show up in shape and healthy, it could have huge
implications for front lines around the East. If Banks
is as good as advertised, and if either Brown or Jones
has a breakout year (meaning, simply plays well enough
to complement our main scorers), the Celtics could
surprise.

Of course, I still worry about their lack of a true
backup PG, and I wonder how they will fare on the
boards. I like Hunter but don't expect to see him get
much burn.