Re: Ortiz?

--- You wrote:
My apologies if somebody already posted this to the
list. I don't know Jose Ortiz, but good old Peter May
makes him sound like the Second Coming. Any
international hoop fans know anything about this guy?
Should the Cs bring him in? (Not saying that they
would, of course...)
--- end of quote ---

Sure, I know him - he's been around for so long, it's hard to miss him. He'd
probably help, but the Celtics are going in a different direction now. Obie is
probably the only one who'd be in favor of it. As we all know, he loves
veterans who play smart, work hard, are in good shape and can shoot the three.
But given the salary constraints and his age, the chances of that are nil.

I keep hoping that they'd give Sarunas Jasikevicius a look. You might remember
him from the Sydney Olympics, when USA nearly lost to Lithuania. He's a real
point, can shoot the 3, and he is 6-4 and sturdy. He would be a good change of
pace from Banks.  But I don't know what his contract status is with Barcelona.
He's probably making a lot more money there than the Celtics could pay him.
Kestas