Re: I challenge you

 <... but I refuse to put Lebron James on a list of people who are (maybe)
better than Antoine Walker. > - Douglas

< I have to say for those folks who ranked rookies who haven't even
played in the NBA better than Twan haven't done much for their
credibility. >  -Jessen

When Jessen came up with the neat idea of challenging us to name 25
players we considered to be better than Toine, I interpreted the word
''better'' to mean what other NBA players I would prefer over Toine if I
was now starting from scratch... with no consideration of salary/cap
restraints or present roster (i.e. no other PF's).

I added rookie Lebron James to that list of players I would right now
prefer over Toine, or more precisely, those I would be happy to trade
Toine for in a head-to-head transaction.  To those who took issue
with such a  notion of trading a proven player for an unproven rookie

- In 1956, Red Auerbach traded eventual Hall-of-Famer Ed Macauley
(a 20 ppg center without the muscle to compete with Mikan or Pollard),
and the rights to Cliff Hagan, for the draft rights to unproven rookie,
Bill Russell.

- Ainge spent many hours attempting to trade Toine to several of the
teams with low draft picks #1-5.  He especially was interested in some
sort of Bosh (Toronto) for Walker type trade.  There were no takers.

Egg