RE: 4 possible trades at the deadline

Nice work Mark, finding trades w/ salaries that match up.
The only one I love is getting Van Exel for basically free.  The guy is
a near allstar, and on the floor, he showed the most fire/guts of any
Maverick in the playoffs.

I disagree with you in that I never liked Jamison's game (like EW, he
lacks tools for an SF, no handles, no pullup J, no hop, no lateral
speed, bad 1 on 1 defender).  Penny and Tim Thomas have proven over many
years that they're comfy w/ their big-money and cruising-effort on both
ends of the court.  They're not warriors or competitors and won't
change.  Webber trade is fantasy.  Antonio Davis or Al Harrington would
be o.k., but Nick is the seasoned, allstar level PG we need to get past
NJ/Det.

If Ainge is stupid enough to trade efficient Battie, I want Mobley not
Brevin.  Even if Eddie Griffin fails, Mobley's scoring is reliable
enough to carry the team when the 1st star is off, and he has good
swagger/heart.  Obie played Walter at backup 2 against the heat, which
is bad longterm.

P.S.
I hate the white shoes, looks soft.  The players just don't look like
true Celtics anymore.