defying the naysayers

I was just looking at the NBA standings before tonight's games get
underway.  The Good Guys are undefeated and at the top of the
Division.  Yes, it's 1-0, but undefeated is undefeated.  We share that
distinction evenly with Philly, Washington, Indiana, and Toronto.

Only the Hornets have a better record, at 2-0.  Orlando is 1-1.  The Nets
are 0-1,  as are the Pistons.

And the "dreaded" WC?

San Antonio got their keesters wiped by the Denver Nuggets, the team voted
most likely to be goosegged this season.  Dallas is 1-1 after expecting to
outscore the rest of the NBA combined.  The Laker's only win came at the
expense of Dallas.

 From what I see, the C's are looking pretty good so far, given it's the
first few days of a long season.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle