Re: The CBW predictions list for 2003-04

First of all, even though there's no prize for getting it right, I think it
would probably not look good for anyone officially associated with the C's
to participate.  That said, I'm sure someone will raise the notion of
someone posting under a nom de plume.  For the record, NO ONE associated
with the Celtics has sent me a prediction and asked me to post it under
another name.

Second, I think giving away tickets, or any real prize,  to the winner(s)
--especially after the season started and the predictions are in--would be
unfair.  Some people might have changed their prediction, or others who
didn't send one in might want to--or even some who did might NOT want
to.  It gets a little hairy ensuring fairness in such a situation.

In any case the whole point of the predictions is to have fun.  Some of the
people like to predict how many games the Celtics WILL win.  Others, like
myself, like to predict how many games we'd LIKE them to win.  It's all in
good (mostly) clean fun.

I thought about awarding a chocolate chip cookie to the winner, but with my
luck, the winner would end up diabetic, or on a diet, or have a grudge
against Mrs. Fields.  Besides, it's really, really hard for me to buy a
chocolate chip cookie and NOT eat it.  :>))))

At 11:23 PM 10/29/03 -0500, Jim Hill wrote:
>Wait just a minute.  We know the Celtics owners are on the list.  Where is
>their prediction?  C'mon now.  Since it is past the deadline it will have to
>be an "unofficial" prediction though.  Time to step up, again.
>
>We know your fans also.  Send it in to Snoopy ... .
>
>(Maybe the winner should get "front rows" to a playoff game, hint, hint.)

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle