Re: re: re: D'ellasandro: Celtics 8th in east

--- You wrote:
It took everything Larry
Brown had to keep Iverson's head on straight. Now Randy Ayers is going to do
it? Plus, Glenn Robinson just doesn't do much for me. How long before the
first Iverson-Robinson feud?
--- end of quote ---

One thing I've never understood is why Iverson (and by extension, the Sixers)
is thought of so highly. To me, he's just a mini version of Toine with a worse
personality and off-the-court problems. I don't think any team with him as the
centerpiece is ever going to win anything. They had built the perfect team
around Iverson in 2001, the year they went to the Finals, and they got bounced
4-1. None of the other lineups they have tried since fit into the "Allen and
Allen" scheme so well. I don't think this one will either. The problem with the
Sixers has not been not the lack of scorers other than AI, it's that the team
is dominated by an inefficient ball hog who shoots more than twice as much as
anyone else.
Kestas