Get ready for some ugly halfcourt offense

Even for dedicated fast break teams (like Dallas, NJ), about 75% of fg
attempts are through half court offense.  That's what Jack Ramsey said
when explaining Obrien's half court D and O philosophy.  So even though
I think the Walker trade and fastbreaking, are good for the longterm,
we're in for bad halfcourt basketball on most possesions.  I'm
predicting a below .500 season the first year.

The plays won't look smooth and the court won't be spaced well
(especially when Paul sits or gets foul trouble).  Banks/James are below
average playmakers, look highstrung, and force things, compared to guys
like Tinsley/Parker/Cassell who looked poised even in their first NBA
games.  I bet Banks and James take lots of bailout jumpers at the end of
the shot clock, even though they don't have the shooting stroke of
Shammond/Delk/Bremer.  We're going to be like the Pacers: athletic and
scary on the few fast breaks, but one dimensional when teams slow the
pace. That's why the Indiana faltered in 2nd half of last season.  Guys
like Al Harrington(or our Marcus Banks) are studs who can play like near
allstars, but only in a playground type running game where set plays and
catchNshoot jumpers aren't needed much.

We'll also miss Walkers's playmaking in the last 5 minutes of close
games(just like the dropoff after Kenny).  The C's outplayed dominant
teams like the Lakers in the final minutes because of a halfcourt
offensive gameplan that almost NEVER gave up turnovers.  Toine gets the
ball up top, calms the team down even under pressure D and a wild crowd,
then feeds Paul in mid post triple threat position for a bucket or foul.
Banks and James won't have this knack for a while.

On the bright side, the Celtic D should be very tough by allstar break
with 5 bigman shotblockers instead of Antoine.  And since I agree with
Ainge on field goal percentages being crucial,  maybe by next year,
Vin+Battie+LaFrentz can match Antoine+Delk's scoring, while taking far
less shots.  They've been pretty efficient over their careers in terms
of scoring.