From: Ryan W <ubiquitous_am_i@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Stop.  Reverse.  Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:32:38 -0700 (PDT)

Here's some news...just about 5 minutes ago on FSNE
there were a couple interesting things said.  First,
LaFrentz was held out of shoot-around at the C's
practice tonight.  FSNE showed a clip of Danny, Pags,
and the team doctor as they were studying what
allegedly was an X-ray of Raef's ankle.  They then
went on to say that Raef had a bad ankle injury last
year and that he had severly sprained that same ankle
in the past.  At this point, the trade is still not
official.  Antoine and Tony were held out of Dallas'
game tonight because it is not official yet.  Could
the trade be rescinded?  Could Dallas replace Raef
with another player?  At this time, those questions
will remain hanging...but let me tell you all
this...if we take Raef on with an existing ankle
injury, this trade goes from bad to worse.

Second news item from FSNE.  According to Pete
Shepard, Ainge took a couple of "pot shots" at Antoine
on the radio this morning.  If anyone heard what
exactly was said, it would be appreciated if you could
relay it to this list.  Anyways, these disparaging
remarks by Danny only go to further prove what an
unprofessional and personal hatred Danny had of
Antoine.  Combine that with the emerging stories of
Antoine "sulking" his way through the preseason, to
Danny's comments of Antoine's "stranglehold" on the
franchise, and I think what we have here is some
serious slandering of Antoine.  Where were these
stories when Antoine was here?  Sure the local writers
are incompenant, but if Antoine was such an ass
because of the lack of a contract extension, they
surely would have written about it.  It's obvious from
this glut of anti-Antoine sentiment just now surfacing
in the papers that the Celtics are planting this
information in the hope to "justify" an obviously
sub-standard deal to the public.  I for one am pissed.
 I can handle a bad trade...they've been happening for
a while now.  I can't handle a blantant manipulation
of the media in the hopes of justifying a bad trade.

Ryan

(Hoping to see the look on Danny's face when he has to
spin the fact that Antoine is coming back because
LaFrentz is injured).