Lineup

Bullpett: "The plan is to eventually have LaFrentz
start ahead of Tony Battie and have Baker open at
power forward."

OK, so say that happens and that Battie becomes your
first big man off the bench. Maybe we'll even see him
at PF, something a lot of folks on this list have
advocated (though I personally think Raef's best spot
may be at PF, even in the East). This would now bump
Blount to 3rd on the depth chart, something I wonder
if the Celtics are willing to do if they're serious
about developing Perkins. This rotation also would
seem to reduce minutes for Walter, who was already
going to compete for PT against Brown, Jones and
Williams at the 3 and against the aforementioned and
Hunter at the power spots.

My predictions: Celtics will pull out the stops to
move Williams, Battie, Walter and probably Brown.
That's not exactly an All-Star shopping list, so what
the Celtics can get (even with picks thrown in)
remains to be seen. My bet is that Ainge prefers to
keep Jones over Williams and Walter, and maybe Blount
over the less durable Battie. (Just as an aside, when
was the last time the Celtics had this much size?
Where were these guys during the final days of the Big
Three?) And while I think Ainge meant it when he said
he wanted to give Kedrick some minutes, I get the
sense Ainge doesn't trust Kedrick and sees him as a
holdover from the Wallace Era. (Oh wait, Wallace still
works there ... doesn't he? Has there been ANY mention
of him amid all the news articles about the Walker
trade??)