Re: This line bothers me...

--- You wrote:
""But he'll help the Celtics," Nelson predicted. "He can shoot the three. We
had Dirk at his position, so he couldn't get enough time in our lineup. He's
not strong enough at any one thing to [displace] our guys. They'll get more
out of him than we did." -- NOw that Twoine is gone, aren't we going to a more
traditional offense with more inside offense and FEWER 3's?
--- end of quote ---

Well, let's put it this way: Lafrentz has attempted 737 threes in his entire
career, which spans 5 seasons. Walker attempted 582 last season alone, 645 the
year before that, and 603 in '00-'01. Last season, Toine shot more than FIVE
times as many threes as Lafrentz, hitting them at a .323 clip, compared to
Raef's .405 shooting from beyond the arc.  Will Obie "make" Lafrentz shoot as
many threes as Toine did? I really doubt it, because either:  1) when Obie was
covering for Toine with his "I told him to shoot all those threes, so blame
me", he was speaking with the proverbial gun to his head; and/or 2) Obie knows
the clock is ticking on him as well, if he doesn't shape to the Ainge doctrine.

Kestas