One step backward, two steps forward

This trade will serve us well in the long run.  With all the positives that Antoine brings to the team, there is an accompanying downside by having him on board.  I think the last straw was the 'it aint gonna happen' statement that he made last week.  I could only shake my head when I read that line.  During the near end of the 3rd quarter against Indiana the other day, Antoine again just dribbled the ball and did not pass to the point guard and also took the shot.  Same old, same old.   This guy is really not going to change.  Last night I was already thinking of possible trades and I was hoping that we could get Ben Wallace for him.   Lafrentz is okay but the term of his salary makes me a bit weary.  Trading Delk is also a good move since Obie is really itching to start him at 1.  Really stubborn guy!   We need to get another veteran player to assist Pierce in the leadership department.   In a nutshell, good move by Ainge.  He was able to acquire a lot in this deal-- a PF-C,  a 2
 guard, cap space/ cap relief next year, and a draft pick.

Goodbye Toine, thanks for the memories.  I will never forget your performance during the 2001 playoffs.   But you brought this to yourself....you bought your ticket out of town.

Go Celtics!