Walker trade

I know its early and that news is just trickling in, but some initial (slightly horrified) reactions to the reported trade.

Count me as one who thinks (thought?) that Toine probably needed to go for us to make the finals -- but only for equal talent. I don't think i'd put Lafrentz in that category.

IMHO if you're gonna move Walker you want to get either a monster rebounder (A. Davis, Brian Grant, etc.) or a all-star point guard (I almost would have rather do a Toine for Van Exel trade if Dallas was looking to deal).

the biggest thing though that worries me is LaFrentz's Potapenko-like 5 year contract. just when you thought you could see the light at the end of the tunnel that is Baker's deal (which incidently was just when we could see the ligth at the end of the Potapenko/Anderson deals) here comes Lafrentz's contract.

i just can't believe Lafrentz + #1 pick (low if its the Mav's) is the best we could do -- since Welsch for Delk is a wash. I guess we get some cap room next summer with Mills, but ehhhh.....i'm worried.

(the other) mark