A quick review

Quick comments:

Defense very, very good in the first half. It was the defensive steals that
started the fast breaks....

Walker really helped the running game in the first half. However, he really
hurt the effort when he looked for his own shot in the second half. His
dribbling and quickness has improved with the loss in weight.....

PP had normal game but he really irritated me one time when he brought the
ball down himself at half-speed. Pass the ball and get on the wing. Let the
point guard do his job.....

Baker's quickness has improved by leaps and bounds. His hops seems to have
improved along with his ability to finish and mobility. We didn't see the
newborn calf look that was so prevalant last year....

James showed well with ability to shoot the open jumper, ability to pass the
ball ahead and start the break with north/south ability. Showed a veteran's
poise. He can get the ball down the court under pressure better than Delk but
looks like he could improve in that area. Likely the starter at PG.....

Banks was a disappointment. He showed his great quickness and dribbling
ability but showed a lot of rookieness, if I can make up a word. He picked up his
dribble in the back court a couple of times, a high school mistake for a point
guard. He ran away from the ball during the press, a college mistake for a
point guard. Chauncey schooled him early and often on both offense and defense.
Banks regained his head and his game when Chucky Atkins was against him but we
remember how Kenny destroyed him in the playoffs. Lots of sloppiness. A lot
more raw than I was expecting. I think the game is much more fast than Marcus
was expecting. Since James is showing better than expected, we can wait for
Marcus to learn.....

Brown was a killa. Showed to be comfortable stroking the three and pulling up
on the break for a jumper. Defense and rebounding still there. The biggest
change/improvement is that Kedrick was attacking at the offensive end. His head
seems to finally have caught up to his body. Along with Baker, he could really
help the second unit.....

Williams/McCarty didn't show anything......

Blount seemed to be the worst of the four centers we had but he was starting.
Didn't show me anything that Obie was raving about. Completely lost on the
offensive end....

Hunter showed the good first step and dominated on the boards at the end.
However, he looked lost on the offensive end otherwise.....

Kendrick was mixed. He looked slow and poor on the defensive end. He is
willing to battle. However, he seems to be a little slow on his feet. We didn't see
the great rebounding we had heard about. I wonder if he would improve on the
quickness if he lost about 20 pounds. He looked very dedicated and serious
which was unbelieveable for a 18 year old. I see why the coaches like him. He
looked great on the block. Great footwork. Good passing ability. The last three
minutes of the game was a Kendrick highlight show. He had Ray's boy Darko on
him who places defense like a turnstile. Tommy discovered a new favorite son
when he pulled out the Cowens/Tommy Gun running hook. Walter, move over. We never
knew ya!....

DJessen33