Jones, etc.

On this 6th day of October in the month of optimism, things are looking up.

Jones has looked terrific in practices. That was a pretty decent trade from
the get-go, to dump Sundov's contract for anyone who might exceed his
upside or lack of same. Poor Bremer tried his best but was never
utilized right by Obie who still has no clue how to incorporate a PG into
his offensive offense.

Jones- This athletic player (albeit not particularly strong at any one aspect
of Bball) may well be considered Danny's finest moment, even ahead
of the Banks, Perkins, Hunter, and James ''coups.''

But then, life is not all beer and skittles. Will Obie remain loyal to his
old guard (Williams, Delk, McCarty) over the newcomers?

Stay tuned for a most exciting season. ... anything and everything may
happen.  Lots of yin-yang, as it should be.  League PARITY has finally
become such that one lost game could make all the difference in the
final standings.  As many as six or more Eastern Division teams
(not counting NJ, Detroit, Indiana) could end up with between 40-45
wins.  Even lowly Atlanta has recently signed Jason Terry, Stephen
Jackson, Glover, Vaughn, and Nailon.  Each of these players add depth
to Atlanta behind Abdur-Rahim and Ratliff, and certainly strengthen
their bench beyond ours.

But perhaps I am merely drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient
premises. In light of Danny suddenly realizing he needs another SG, where
do Delk, Brown, or Jones (who Danny claimed to be very effective SG's)
stand?  Will Delk remain our starting PG or our second-string Lilliputian
SG?  Will poor Kedrick continue to be an empty house from which life
has departed?  Will the newer, slimmer Baker continue to need glue on
his fingers and a more robust psyche?  Or mostly, will Toine and Paul
continue to describe themselves as ''ME and Paul'' or ''ME and Antoine?''

Eggy