Re: The Best and The Brightest

< First, Buckner's error, while sad, wasn't the disaster I remembered and
which it has become through time.  I had vaguely thought that if he makes
the play, the series is over.  Wrong.  The Mets had already tied the game.
Even if he makes the play, they have to build a new lead and then win
game 7. > - Doug

I'm confused. If the Sox were leading that series 3-2 and had won that game,
why would there have been need for a game 7?

Hoping to be back in bed by this afternoon's game having stayed up
past 2 AM to view last night's 12-inning disaster.

Egg