Let's go for RickyD

Man, the more I think about it, the more I would pursue it. We get rid of a
couple of contracts which will allow us to protect another player for the
expansion draft. But the big thing is that we get a player with bravado, something
that it seems inspires PP. That is a huge thing. RickyD can play both the
running game and half-court game. Does he become self-centered and take some
questionable shots at the end of games? Yes. Starting point guard is our weakness
right now but I think PP is feeling naked right now and it is affecting his
play. I would go for it like a big dog....

DJessen33

<< What about a Kedrick & Battie for Davis & Bimbo Coles (expiring)? Would
you do that and would you think the Cavs would do it?

 DJessen33

 << Dave,

  First off, let me explain the reason I'd be interested in David more. In a
  nutshell: his relatively low salary. He's currently making about $4.9M
which is
  basically the mid-level exception money. And to get a 20 pt/game scorer for
  that little amount of money makes alot of sense. You couple the fact that
he's
  only 23 or 24 and you'd have someone that will be here under contract for
  relatively short money for the duration of Pierce's prime years. $4.9M is
much
  cheaper than what Antoine would have wanted to re-sign for and he's much
younger
  than Antoine.

  Volatile? You bet. Immature? To be sure. Another high risk/high reward deal
  ala Baker but that deal is now paying dividends. Pierce, Davis, and Baker
(and
  LaFrentz) give the C's three (or four) potent scorers and much more
offensive
  diversity than the Walker/Pierce playoff team of the past two years.

  I would start by offering Battie only because their salaries (Battie's and
  Davis') would work straight up. However, I'm certain Cleveland would want
more
  -- either a draft pick in addition to Battie or an expiring contract along
with
  a pick. EWill is fitting nicely into his role of coming off the bench at
this
  time and I'd be leery of trading him; especially since his presence would
be
  needed in the locker room to help keep Davis in check.

  Mills' contract is for more money so somebody else would have to be
included
  from Cleveland's side. They also might  want the C's to take Yogi Stewart
off
  their hands to get Davis. Stewart has this year and next left at virtually
  identical money to Battie whereas Battie has two years left after this
season.
  That's a sticking point where things would get fuzzy and probably make the
deal
  fall apart as I don't see the C's having any interest in Yogi what with
  Kendrick (and Hunter) on the bench and McCarty also under contract.

  It would take some haggling but I think it's doable from the C's side. The
  question is though, are the Cavs still wanting to unload him and build
around
  James, DeJuan Wagner and Boozer and yo a lesser extent Mihm and Ilgauskas?
If
  I'm Ainge, I pick up the phone and make the call to find out.

  CeltsSteve >> >>