Re: What NOT to do

Throw in Eric Williams as well.

Then your top 10 looks something like this:

PG - veteran (I wouldnt mind Tinsley)
SG - Welsch
SF -  Pierce
PF -  Baker
C  -   LaFrenz

Banks
Kedrick
Perkins
Hunter
Walter

With Battie, Williams, and Jones all playing real minutes - you arent helping find the answers for the future. Even if they make none of these moves, I would shift Pierce to the 3 to get Welsch more time at a position he is better suited for.

Peter Delevett wrote:

If the problem is an unimaginative coach who can't
direct an offense, bringing in somebody like
Cartwright is certainly not the solution. I know he
brings a freight train's worth of baggage, but does
anybody doubt George Karl knows how to coach
basketball? Sure, Karl's teams don't defend, but you
make it a condition of his employment (assuming he
even wants the job) that Dick Harter stays. Another
guy in this same mold, who would come cheaper, is Doug
Collins.

But Ainge has got to shoulder a share of the blame for
this mess. The point guard situation is ridiculous.
Last year was bad enough, but at least they had Walker
to bail them out; Ainge has excised the "cancer"
without inserting anyone new to run the offense.
James, for whatever his positives, is shooting 37% and
averaging only 4.5 apg, which is pretty weak for a
starting PG who's playing 30+ mpg.

Ainge can talk all he wants about "developing" Banks
and Welsch, but how can Banks be learning anything in
practice going up against a guy who has no idea how to
really play the position? It's time to move Battie,
Brown, Waltuh, picks, the towel boy and anything else
they can to get a decent PG in here. They can add a
third scorer (where have we heard that before), but
unless they have a real offense and somebody to run
it, they are just spinning their wheels.