The Celtics Report - Josh Ozersky for HOOPSWORLD.com

The Celtics Report
By <A HREF="mailto:jozersky1@xxxxxxxxxx";>Josh Ozersky</A>
for HOOPSWORLD.com
Nov 24, 2003, 21:16

<<Things are bad.  Something has to give.  Or can it? The problems with the
Celtics aren't the kind that you can easily solve.  I used to think that if we
got rid of Kenny Anderson we would run.  Then I thought that if Antoine were
gonie we would run.  Now I think if Jim O'Brien were gone we would run.>>

The same folks who clamored for Anderson to be gone are by and large the same
folks who called for Antoine to be run out of town and pretty much the
samecrowd that now want O'Brien's head on a stick.  Wonder who they'll blame
next if
O'Brien does gets axed as the latest fall guy?

<<Or take Paul Pierce.  Eventually, he will learn how to pass quickly out of
triple teams.  Will he then go back to being an all-NBA type scorer?  Or has
that moment passed?  He's not injured.  He's trying hard.  He's had plenty of
good looks.  What's going on?  I don't know, and neither does Pierce.>>

Ask the folks that wanted Anderson, then Walker, and now O'Brien run out of
town. Paul is merely a "victim" is likely what you'll hear.  Portraying him as
a such is a way to deflect criticism, deny any culpability for his poor play,
and in general evoke sympathy.

CeltsSteve