Re: Raef's absence hurts all around

Shawn wrote:
> I thought I remembered reading that the Bobcats can
> only take one player
> from a team. For instance, if they took Baker, they
> can't select Hunter as
> well. Once they take a player from a teams list, the
> rest of the players on
> that teams list return to the original team.

It's my understanding that a team protects 8 players.
If one of their unprotected players is picked by the
expansion team, they get to protect what they believe
to be their next best unprotected player from
subsequent picks.  Thus, in theory, it is possible for
a team to lose both their 9th best player (the best
player not protected) and later their 11th best player
(the best player not protected after the 9th best
player has been taken and the 10th best player
re-protected after the 9th is taken) and their 13th
best player and so on.  Of course, in all
practicality, with the talent distribution in the
League, most teams, if they lose anybody, will only
lose their 9th best player (assuming the 9th best
player on every team is better than the 11th best
player on every team).

Ryan