Re: Raef's absence hurts all around

Bulpett and PP got it right. Raef really is the complementary player that can
either keep the passing game going or hit the jumper, rebound and block
shots. He adds much more than Battie or Blount....

If we were interested in Ricky Davis, he would bring back about five years of
contracts, although at a reasonable salary of 5 million or so....

I really like hearing over the weekend that Ainge is looking at high
schoolers for the draft next year.  That shows he is looking long term. His strategy
is that is although he isn't picking in the lottery, he is getting lottery
types players who just don't have the experience. He has the flexibility to invest
since he doesn't have to win now. I think this will allow Danny to be around
here for a long, long time but the payoffs won't start occuring for a couple
of years....

I was concerned that an article had two Cs being in a projected lineup of the
Bobcats, the win-now with Baker and the win-cheap with Hunter. If Ainge truly
is looking long term and thinks that Hunter is a player, he is going to have
to find a way to protect him or get some value for him....

The 82game site is really interesting. http://www.82games.com/0304BOS2.HTM
It shows that Blount is much more effective than Battie with James, PP, Baker
and Brown. However, if you swap out Banks with James in the Blount, PP, Baker,
Brown combo, you suddenly get real bad. However, if had also swapped LaFrentz
with Baker, you had a good combo. I think there isn't enough data yet to draw
detailed conclusions on the combos. But it does show that LaFrentz and Brown
so well and Battie and PP are not showing well. Also, you can look at last
year's stats and see how it looks over the whole season. It shows how valuable PP
and Battie were Walker was less important. If anyone figures out why the "Net"
is a different number in different pages, let me know. I have sent an e-mail
asking the site....

DJessen33