re: Re: Are You Listening Wyc, Steve, and Danny?

Cecil,
1. Caron Butler is a very good player to an All-Star in the making.
Somewhere in that range.  You scoop him up.
And Jones can be a great sixth man.  Frankly, Miami would be
insane to give up Butler just to dump Jones contract, which makes this
stuff very unlikely.

2. The Celtics are not running, they can't score, and they still need talent.
This deal adds talent and scorers to the team at a very minimal price.
Two out of three ain't bad.

3. Of course the trade would bring the Celtics closer to a title.
What makes you say it wouldn't?

4. PG: Either Banks or Welsch develops into a competent PG or because
the trade provides the Celtics with more talent and depth, you can then trade
for a quality PG.

5. Yes, Butler is returning from an injury, but it doesn't seem to have any
long term implications.
Ray