RE: Huh?

"With that in mind, I agree with whomever it was who said that we should
give a minimum of 20 mpg to Banks.  Though Ray touts others over him, it is
clear that this kid has some real ability.  He'll get beat from time to
time, but what rook doesn't?  He can push the ball right now better than
anyone else we have (I know it may not be saying much)and seems to have the
guts to take a shot now and then.  I like that, even if it's not always the
highest percentage shot, because when the shot clock is winding down and
Pierce is being blanketed, someone else must be willing to shoot.  Ideally,
with the way the season is unfolding, that other player would be Vinnie or
Eric, but for a variety of reasons, the point guard must be willing to shoot
if the other options are closed.

I was talking to Jim Meninno at the Fours prior to the game on Friday night
and we were discussing the timing of the Walker trade.  I understand why
they pulled the trigger but I still wish they had waited a bit more to see
how the dynamics would have worked between Pierce, Walker and a healthy,
rejuvenated Baker.  Last year, Walker was the guy who was trying to get the
ball to Baker.  There was no reason to believe he would have ignored him
this season.  If he was here, would Paul be trying to be superman right now?
I don't know.

However, we must move on and play the cards we've been dealt.

Cecil  "

Cecil,  I think the Walker trade had as much to do about his next contract
as anything else.  I would have liked to see him at the 3 for a few months
out there with Baker/Pierce/Banks myself.  I don't think OB would play him
there though.

That said, I don't think Walker would have taken anything less then Max
money/extension, gracefully.  That made it a no brainer to find a trade,
IMO.

<Jim
---