Re: Is Pierce a step slower this year?

On Nov 15, 2003, at 2:20 PM, Kim wrote:

Well I agree he seems a step slower *on offense*

Kim ********** Is Paul being defended in the same way as last season? Two seasons ago, Pierce killed teams that left him open for the jumper. Last year, he killed them with the drives. Perhaps the defenses are just adjusting. Also, where Antoine would get him the ball between the arc and the lane and Paul would have to split the defenders and take a few dribbles only, to reach the hoop, I'm thinking that he is now getting the ball further out and some of his defenders may also be playing off him, giving him the outside shot, which he's not making, to deny him a path to the hoop. JB Unchain My Heart!