From: Steve Appell <uqra54a@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Nov 15, 2003 11:00 AM
To: group celtics <celtics@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Is Pierce a step slower this year?

Before we get to the issue of foot speed, I'd like to
compliment PP on his burning desire to constantly
improve his game, as evidenced by his attempts to
distribute the ball, his interest in further developing
as a leader, and his bulked up upper body this year.
Was wondering, though, whether anyone has observed that
he seems a step slower this year? Is it possible that
his turnovers and shooting difficulties might be related to
the extra weight and bulk that he isn't used to carrying
yet? What do people think?
                 Steve A.