Re: Pierce's role: Co-star to leading man

--- You wrote:
Yeah, crazy talk from E.  But apparently everybody has
their own theory on how to get thru to Antoine (as
evidenced by this list).  It seems the E was the only
one who ever truly knew Toine.  You've got to imagine
the fact that E got traded so quickly after Pitino was
hired to be one of those early moments where Toine
began to lose respect for Rick.  Would it all have
been different if we hadn't originally traded E?  We
would have had a happy Walker (or at least a happier
Walker).  We would have had a great small forward in
pre-injury E (and I think this year is showing that
post-injury E could have been comparable to pre-injury
E had we given him the opportunities).  Even though we
got E back, I would submit that the trading of Eric
Williams was the worst Pitino trade ever (and I hated
the Billups trade from Day 1, though it kinda worked
out for us)...

+++ No, E was different then (yet another example of how being traded can
change one's mentality). Besides, E or E, Walker was the same.

Yeah, but notice how the potential rift between Baker
and Pierce appears to have been mended (from the Baker
comments that you haven't quoted that appeared in the
original article) while the rift (assuming there was
one) between Kedrick and Paul has not been mended.
This partially explains one thing I've noticed about
Kedrick...he doesn't seem particularily close to the
team.  When you see shots of the team celebrating on
the bench, usually Kedrick is celebrating on his own,
while other players are bumping chests or high-fiving.
 Even on the court, there really isn't much
comaraderie between Kedrick and the other players.  Is
this a product of Kedrick's personality (is he just a
loner) or is it some team wide hostility.  Who
knows...but it is bothersome (if Kedrick doesn't feel
a part of the team, it will definitely affect his
play).

+++ "Rift" is the wrong word to use, IMO. It applies a disagreement between
equals. It sounds to me like Baker and Kedrick were definitely on the bottom of
the teams' social hierarchy and maybe still are. Neither seems to have the
balls to stand up to anyone.

On this last comment regarding body language, you're
sounding a lot like the Brain Doctor (remember, I'm
the only one on this list who actually is giving Ainge
the benefit of the doubt on the Brain doctor, so this
is not necessarily a bad thing).  I watched the same
exchange and got the opposite impression.  I sensed
that is was a good move on Paul's part (since it was a
bad shot) and that Marcus was receptive to it.
--- end of quote ---

+++ I'm not inferring the entire personality from this, or career prospects,
like the infamous Niednagel. Regardless, it's very possible I could be wrong
about my inference.
Kestas