Re: NBA League Black Out Here

I would amend this statement as follows:

I'll tell you, this team will either win the East, or lose in the first round.

I think this team will be all or nothing, because they have the talent, but they are almost all either young or streaky. For example, Vin Baker could be the guy that balances Pierce's scoring with some true inside game, based upon the last few weeks, but we really do need to see him over the course of a few months before we can know that he truly is back. Also, having watched what alcohol did to a member of my family, you never know. That's why it's "recovering," and not "recovered." It's also why I'm so impressed with him so far this season. I hope he really does have his act together, both for the Celtics, and for him. Also, Kedrick could be the scoring complement to Pierce, and Banks could be the distributor we've needed, while Battie and Blount could provide the interior defense and rebounding any team needs to reach the top, but in all of those cases, the question marks are fairly obvious.

So either this will all come together at just the right moment for a glorious run in May and June, or we get a couple of promising game in May, and we go play golf for the summer hoping that they can keep building. As with the Patriots back in 2001 (and to some degree, this season), it'll be fun no matter what, as you said.