Walker, Texas Ranger

Er, Maverick.  Interesting that AW is now in my back yard.  He can help the Mavs if he plays a traditional PF role.  His rebounding is no surprise, of course.  Had he done that for us, he would still be a Celtic.  If he eschews the three and relinquishes control of the ball, he can help them; if not, their ancillary talent will wilt and Nellie will be bound for Hawaii sooner than he wants.  Same old story.  To conclude Walker is a great basketball player is to confuse a jack of all trades for a professional.  Take Shawn Battier.  Add a dominant personality and, voila, c'est Walker.  Battier could develop the three-ball, he could make fancy passes, he could learn that dribble-off-the-foot thing, he could wiggle and taunt the refs.  Hey, I can do all that myself.  What I can't do is rebound like a 6' 9" wide-body.  Walker can, and if that becomes the center-piece of his game in Dallas--with the occasional great pass and one-on-one foray--he can help the Mavs.  Cheers, Gene