Re: is there...

CeltsSteve@xxxxxxx wrote:

And you/we know for a fact that O'Brien specifically called Pierce's number every time down the court during that stretch and it definitely wasn't a case of Pierce deciding he would try to take over and do it on his own?

No, I don't know that for a fact. But from the second quarter on, they seemed to abruptly change their tack and start going to Pierce seemingly every time. I have trouble believing that Pierce would suddenly become an Antoine clone after playing very unselfish basketball this season (for the most part). It seemed to be a conscious decision by the robotic Obie to exploit some mismatch that his statware told him existed on the floor (like, "Pierce scores 64% of the time while being guarded by Brandon Armstrong"). Perhaps Pierce was complicit in it as well, but I really doubt he went off on his own like that. Tommy was criticizing it as well, and he should know what's going on as they sit right there. To not exploit a weakened NJ frontline and waste Kedrick's and Marcus's career games...only Obie and Isiah Thomas are capable of that.
We're never going to have a passing/running offense as long as Obie is coach, unless the players ignore him like the bumbling idiot that he is.
Kestas