Ping Vinnie - rebounding own shot revised answer.

Hey Vinnie, I think I found the confusion - I believe you were talking about the FIBA rules, which of course the NBA players have to change to when they play in international competition http://www.members.shaw.ca/jazzace/ace/hoop/rulediff.html (go to the bottom of the page. I'm having trouble loading the actual FIBA rules document to look there instead) About 10 years ago would be when that first became an issue.

So I bet that's what you heard discussion about, that may well have included talk about changing the NBA rules to conform with the international ones... Just occurred to me to check that, not to try to hammer on you BTW, but for the opposite reason -because you generally seem to know your stuff, so I was surprised you'd have that wrong.

Best
Kim