Re: Irony of Billups and Bryant

Guys, your goodie-two-shoes-morality is sickening.
First of all, people make mistakes.  You ever heard of
a second chance?  Second of all, the "rape" involving
Mercer and Billups was ALLEGED.  Do you know what that
means?  Regardless of any "admission" or settlement
they may or may not have made, they were never charged
by the police...the same police who can charge
whomever they want regardless of any money settlements
that may or may not occur between potential plaintiff
and potential defendant.  Ergo, there wasn't even
enough evidence to bring charges, let alone secure a
conviction.  Lastly, I'm willing to have anyone, who
has been deemed by the criminal justice system to be
fit for society, on our team.  Why?  Because that's
that's how our society works.  If you wanna go around
branding people with scarlet letters or blackballing
people who may or may not have made mistakes (even a
conviction doesn't necessarily mean they did it), then
fine, get in a time machine, set it for the Spanish
Inquisition, or the Salem witch trials, or the deep
south in 1800 and live in a world of fear, guilt and
needless suffereing.  I prefer to live in the present,
where the past doesn't affect the way I perceive
reality and relate to people.

Ryan

--- Snoopy the Celtics Beagle
<snoopy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I didn't remember ANY of that.  I'm not doubting
> you, I literally don't
> recall any of it, which really surprises me.  No, if
> that's the case, then
> I'm not in favor of having Billups back here.  I'm
> not requiring that
> people be angels--God knows, we're all human and as
> such, prone to screwing
> up occasionally.  But there's no accountability of
> any kind for their
> actions.  That just leads some people to do worse
> things, on the
> presumption that they'll get away with it as before.
>
> At 10:42 AM 11/6/03 -0800, Enrile, Roy wrote:
>
> >It bothers me that list members are now saying this
> morning, and the
> >past few days, how much they'd love it if Chauncey
> were still on the
> >team, while they've also said they want no part of
> Kobe Bryant/rapists
> >on the team.  Especially members who seem morally
> strict like Snoop.
> >
> >Ron and Chauncey were accused of raping a woman,
> admitted wrongdoing,
> >and settled with her for an undisclosed sum.  Guys
> like Mercer/Billups,
> >Rueben Patterson, seem to have gotten a lot of
> slack from the press and
> >fans compared to Bryant, when Bryant is the only
> one of the three that
> >is possibly innocent of the terrible crime.
>
> Snoopy the Celtics Beagle
> Please visit the
> <http://www.celticsbeagle.net/>Celtics Beagle
Website