InsideHoops - NBA Interviews - Paul Pierce Interview

Short interview, but I loved this part:
InsideHoops.com: With the current flow of the NBA game right now in mind, lets
pretend for a minute and put you at the top of the league. Paul Pierce runs
the league. Is there any rule or aspect of the NBA game that you would change?

Paul Pierce: [Thinks about it] I would get rid of the three point line.

InsideHoops.com: Would you?

Paul Pierce: I think, psychologically, it just... teams want to take a lot of
three-pointers. And I would go back to the old days where guys that... force
guys to take mid-range jumpers. I think teams would run a lot more, get more
fast breaks, and make the game a little more exciting. I mean, you'd probably
see more games up in the 100's, like you did back in the day.

InsideHoops.com: Yeah, if you watch the flow of the old games, it was more
about pushing forward, and if what you said happened, everybody would have
to--

Paul Pierce: You readjust your game. It would just be readjustment. I think
you'd see better midrange shooters, higher percentage in the shooting, and
probably, teams wouldn't rely just on standing around as much. You see a lot
of guys standing around the three-point line, because it's there. And
psychologically that's what you're going to do.

 http://insidehoops.com/pierce-interview-110503.shtml

[demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had a name of InsideHoops - NBA Interviews - Paul Pierce Interview.url]