Various points

Ubiquitous Ryan wrote:

<<Yes, E is very valuable.  Why trade him?  He has the
look of a scorer for the first time since he's been
back in Boston.  Let's see what he can do in this new
role before we come up with schemes to cash in on his
expiring contract.  I wouldn't be the least
disappointed if the C's ended up resigning him.  What
are everyone else's thoughts on resigning E?>>

As with any trade, it's all about what one gets in return.  If a good deal
for EW is there at the deadline, take it.  If not, I'd be happy to see EW
come back at a dramatically reduced salary.  The question then becomes
whether he gets a deal like Waltah's or the vet min.

Cecil wrote:

<<At the very least, unless the player went to a team like Princeton
which used to slow it down to crawl, one would think every point guard in
the nation is being taught how to properly run the fast break.  No?>>

While it's been a long time since I've watched Princeton basketball, I
have to believe that any point guard (and most likely any player) who ever
played in Pete Carril's system knew how to run a textbook fast break.
It's fundamental basketball.

Dan F wrote:

<<My package doesn't renew automatically.>>

According to Rafael Palmeiro, your doctor should be able to help you with
that.

I'm sorry.  I had to.  Nothing personal, Dan.  :-)

Michael Gooen