Re: Let's set the record straight

--- You wrote:
Shiri today attempts to defend not resting PP by saying that EWill was hurt
and LaFrenz and Kedrick had foul trouble. Not buying that excuse. You always
got utility man Walta or you could give Jiri a few more minutes between the
quarters.....
--- end of quote ---

Yeah, what to do you expect out of Shilla Springer (although, to be fair, she
did have quite a few nuggets of truth elsewhere in the article, including,
gasp, a mild criticism of Pierce's Walkerian ways in the last game).

I agree with you about Banks: he lost the ball a couple of times in a very
visible fashion, but actually had an easier time  than James beating the
pressure on the ball that NO were applying most of the game. It's when he
thought he was in the clear, and looking what to do next with the ball, that
Davis swooped in and took it away. Despite that, two of his strongest qualities
so far seem to be his dribbling ability and his speed. Unfortunately, there
hasn't been much else. I've seen him dish off nicely a couple of times, going
all the way back to the summer league, but those are few and far between. And
his shooting makes Walker look like Tim Duncan.

Hopefully, Jiri would be able to relieve some of the pressure on our shaky PG
corps. Like you said, he moves in slo-mo, but he knows what he's doing.
Besides, being nearly a foot taller than the 5-9 (or whatever he really is)
Banks, he has a much easier time seeing over most guards. Of course, as soon as
he showed something on the court, Obie sat his arse down for the game. Grady
O'Brien just goes into a brainlock in a close game, flogging his main horses
until they drop dead from exhaustion.

Down the stretch was where we missed Walker, who'd simply shove bugs like
Davis, Armstrong and Wesley aside with his rump while bringing the ball up, and
would have no trouble seeing and passing into the post (i.e., Pierce). Of
course, he'd also have no trouble jacking up ill-advised threes and getting
abused by PJ, so we probably wouldnt've been in the game with him to begin
with.
Kestas