Quick flashes

I am just calling em as I see them. I just have history on my side relative
to Obie. I know it is early. I am proud that the Cs are doing as  well as they
are considering the trade. But like Bobby Knight, I am looking only at the
things that could have made us better.

I haven't written off Juri. It is difficult to write off someone with limited
minutes. I just didn't see any redeeming qualities, most of which would be
athletic talent. Juri looked more comfortable last night. In fact, he looked
more comfortable in the offense than Kedrick did. Yes, my patience is finally
starting to wear a little thin on Kedrick. Perhaps packaging him with Battie for
an impact player is the way to go. When JJ gets back, he will likely eat up
Kedricks minutes, regardless of whether EWill is hurt or not.....

So quick flashes:

LaFrenz looks better than expected. Beautiful stroke. Needs to be fundamental
part of offense. Pick and rolls....

Blount has come down to earth. Had his career game on openning night.....

Baker showing his God-given ability but can't do it if they don't call his
number.....

PP should be the man only in the fourth quarter. Needs rest in the second
half to push us over the top at the end.....

Patience wearing thin on Kedrick. He is reverting to the scared player.
Passes up numerous opportunities to take people on the drive....

Banks is showing his inexperience. But inexperience can't be cured if the
coach doesn't play him. Do you want to turn your guy into a "scared" player? Not
show confidence in him? The time to develop him is in the beginning of the
season, not the stretch for the playoffs.....

James is a gamer and is showing better than expected. Will pass the ball up
the court on the break. Has a little trouble getting the ball up the court but
better than Delk was.....

Battie is Battie. Danny will trade him to provide playing time for Kendrick
development. But Obie still may not play him "to go with the veterans" and "win
every game"  ie. short term thinking.....

My name is not Dan.....

EWill getting hurt may be a blessing for the younger players. Juri showed
some court awareness and looked more comfortable. Still hasn't knocked down a
jumper. Shoot, even I can shoot free throws....

Danny is backing off a little in using the mid-level exception per the papers
today. As it pointed out, he could have used it this year but couldn't find
the right guy. I am on board for not using it just because you can. But it is
correct to conclude that just because you have the capability to sign a player,
doesn't mean you are going to get a good one that wants to sign with you.....

Obie needs to write an objective and carry it with him during the games.
Perhaps he should sit down and plot out his minute distribution for Banks over the
course of the season. He can't allow his competitivness to overcome long term
thinking for the playoffs and future. Banks needs playing time now. PP needs
to keep his time no higher than 38 minutes to avoid burning him out. If you
conclude that the coach isn't the one calling the plays, then at least you have
to agree that he does decide who is playing (unless you have Twan).....

DJessen33