Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Not encouraging at all

In a message dated 11/1/03 9:07:35 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx writes:

> Obie got hit by the stupid stick tonight. Yeah, the Cs played 3 games in
> four nights and played at tough team at home. However, Obie overplayed PP like
> the old days and both PP and James didn't get a rest in the second half. The
> Cs lost the team concept and didn't try to develop a pick and roll with
> LaFrenz or low post offense with Baker. The Armstrong defense was disrupting but
> remember, this is only the third game of the season.
>
> Obie has to learn that he has to take the growing pains now, early in the
> season. WE LOST THE GAME ANYWAYS. Give Banks his time. Look for other options
> other than PP. Let PP go out for a rest and let the team search out options.
>
> I can't wait to hear Obie's explanation on this one. What is Obie's track
> record on rookie development? Can't he remember about burning out his players
> from overuse during the season from last year? Danny is going to be ticked.
> Bring on Riley....
>
> DJessen33

DJ,

Chill out. Obie didn't get hit with a stupid stick. The C's got hit by BDiddy
going off from beyond the arc and the N.O. backcourt tandem shooting a
scintillating combined 20 - 37 (55 pts). How often will their backcourt or any
backcourt shoot that kind of FG%; especially from long range? Not very. You tip
your hat to the Hornets and say "good job" and get pay the Hornets back in the
next game

Pierce was a woeful 9 - 25 from the field and got few calls to go his way.
They also missed EWill's spark off the bench to give the 2nd unit some punch and
diversity. They also could benefit from having another perimeter scorer.
Hopefully, JJ can provide that once he's ready to go.

I understand you're frustrated with a tough road loss on the 2nd night of
back to back (road) games and the 3rd game in 4 nights. But the next game isn't
until Wednesday and he didn't have the luxury of inserting either EWill or JJ
for Pierce and Kedrick fouled out. So playing Pierce extra minutes is a non
issue IMO. Who else does he put in? Jiri? You've already written HIM off and he
played 11 minutes tonight and scored 6 points so please don't start beating the
drum about Obie's track record in developing rookies. And for God sakes
PLEASE don't fuel the rumor about Riley coaching the C's. He hasn't done a damn
thing since he left the Lakers and the 4 (or is it 5?) HOFers whose coattails he
rode.

CeltsSteve