Grant and Best

< Assuming T.J. Ford is there with the fifth pick, doesn't an Antoine for
Grant and Ford trade make sense for both teams?.........
 Anyway, doesn't this seem like a good, fair deal? Am I crazy?> - Berry

< Mark, you know how I feel about Brian Grant. I can't wait to see the
Celtics make that trade. > - Paul M.

In the sorry history of my board life, I have suggested but two trades.
Many months ago, I suggested that the Celts trade AW for Grant and
Best. It was met with crushing opposition ... nothing new for most
of my posts, especially the anti-Walker ones and the equally distasteful
silly two-liners that venture into politics.  God forbid on this deadly
serious board of ego-driven and repetitive diatribes, that any
contribution either diss Walker or be lighthearted, veering off
from this serious topic/hobby.

Best, who was dismissed by the Celts as not being worth the ''outrageous''
salary he was demanding, signed with Miami for $1.4 mill.  He did so
because he believed that Alonzo would be playing, but eventually found
himself on a team not only sans Alonzo, but also sans top-gun Eddie
Jones for 35 of 82 games due to injury.

Before he could barely yell ''uncle'' on a team that was quickly heading
south, Best was instructed to assist two Butler rookies- Caron and
Rasual (love that name).  His team's main thrust had quickly turned to
obtaining the best possible lottery pick. And after all, isn't it hard
to give your ''Best'' when your team's underlying strategy has turned
to tank.

If Best was the weak link of my AW trade proposal for Grant/Best, then
too bad he is now the Celts #1 target in adding a true PG to our team.
Eat your heart out Kenny, El Amin, Pepe Sanchez, or the sixth best PG
in this current draft.  You will find no contract here.

SNAG:  My feeling is that if Best has any pride, he will resist signing
with us even though he is a local boy.   After all, a year ago didn't Wallace
dump on him with something like ''Take it or leave it, Travis.  You are
not that important or even a good fit for my man's (Obie) unique 3-pt.
PG strategy.''

Hubris, hubris.  It will come back to smack us in the face.

Egg