Re: Darius Miles

Bremer for Miles doesn't work. I played around on RealGM and came up with an
Eric Williams-JR Bremer for Miles-Chris Mihm trade that works. That actually
sounds more likely, because Cleveland is in the market for a veteran role
player to mentor all their young knuckleheads, and EWill probably would fit
the bill. Plus, his contract is up after next season, so they're not making
a long-term commitment. Bremer gives them another young kid, a hometown guy.

As for the Celtics, Miles is a nice gamble. He's a freaky athlete.
Incredibly long. He looked disinterested in Cleveland, after appearing on
the verge of a breakthrough with the Clippers. He gives the Celts an element
they don't have, although he may never see the floor if Obie continues to
insist on the "surround Pierce and Walker with three-point shooters"
strategy. You'd be buying low. Remember, Miles fetched Andre Miller a year
ago, when Miller was coming off a season when he led the NBA in assists. At
his best, Miles is a high-energy, rebounding, shot-blocking force. He
actually has pretty good ball-handling and passing skills, but hasn't
developed his shot at all. He's not a good free throw shooter either. He's
certainly not a sure thing, but considering what you're giving up, I'd say
it's the kind of high-upside move that would make sense. And Mihm-and I'm
just throwing him in because he fits on RealGM-is a big body with some
skills. He's shown flashes when healthy. I don't know. Again, probably not a
bad risk.

Mark