Re: why did we re-up OB?

     Good lord, he's a near-failure already?  First, he didn't say he
wouldn't trade Walker; I think he said he wouldn't shop him.  Remember the sullen
Walker when word was out that Pitino might be shopping him around?  We want to go
that route again?  Significant difference.  Plus, NEVER believe anyone who
says he won't trade a given player.  Everyone has a price.  Pierce for Duncan,
Bryant, Wallace & Kidd?  I think Paul would be gone.  Second, on Obie.  Obie
does seem to have rapport with the players.  A two-year contract is pretty
short, easily discardable in the vent he has to be canned.  I think Ainge is doing
OK by acting somewhat positive towards this team instead of putting out
messages that tell them they are all a bunch of worthless slugs AFTER St. Paul.
     And on an unrelated note, it will be interesting to see how hands-on
Ainge is with regards to style of play.  DO GMs often get into designing offenses
and plays?  I really don't know and am asking, not hinting that I know the
answer.