Re: To Ainge, doctor's system is a real brainstorm

At 04:26 PM 5/22/2003 -0700, you wrote:
I guess if it hasn't been tested, we don't/can't know
one way or the other.  So, there is at least the
possibility that this doctor *could* be on to
something.  Robert Akin's supposedly quack diet turned
out to be *scientifically* verified 35 years after the
fact.  The one thing I know about science is that it
changes it's "truth" every year, setting itself apart
from religion, which at least keeps it's myths
constant.

Ryan,
somehow you missed the point that I've been belaboring. This Niednagel character is not a doctor of any kind. He's a scientist like I'm an astronaut. He has no scientific training whatsoever and has no ability to conduct scientific research even he were willing to do so, which he's not. He's a con man, pure and simple.
Atkins, on the other hand, was an MD, and as such at the very least knew something about human physiology, biochemistry and anatomy. Comparing Atkins to Niednagel is like comparing a gifted high-school math teacher to a junior delinquent who hasn't learned the multiplication table yet, but is very good at conning gullible kids out of their lunch money by selling them "solutions" to calculus homework problems.

Kestas

PS How about those Pistons getting their choice of Darko or 'Melo? Yet another EC contender has improved dramatically. Can we pry Ilgauskas from Cleveland now that they've got their 'Bron?
Which choice doesn't belong with the others here:
A. Darius Miles
B. Lebron James
C Zydrunas Ilgauskas
D. Ricky Davis