More Pistons

Actually, it will be interesting to see what they do.
If I'm Joe Dumars, I take Melo because he's ready to
win right away, and the window to make it to the NBA
Finals is always narrow. They need frontcourt scoring,
despite Prince's recent emergence. You can always
trade Anthony or Prince later if need be.

Darko could well turn into a great NBA player, and the
Pistons need an upgrade at center. But he's only 17. I
think with a troika of Anthony, Rip and Billups on the
wings, Detroit can run opponents ragged (!) and let
the big guys fend for themselves. (Imagine if Detroit
decided to blow the wad to lure PJ Brown for the
exemption! Yoiks!)

What sucks about this for Denver is, they really don't
need another developmental foreign big man. It
wouldn't surprise me to see them put the pick up for
auction. Then again, maybe they keep Darko and try to
trade Nikos. Either way, I honestly doubt the Celtics
can outbid other teams for that pick. Nos. 16 and 20
and ... who? Williams? Don't think so. Walker? Unless
Darko is ready to play right now, that just sets the
Cs back.